Thank you for your interest in being an Education Peer Ambassador!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY - Applications are due Nov. 14th at 11:59pm.
We will be hiring students with the following majors:
- Special Education
- Music Education
- History; Social Studies Education
- Mathematics; Secondary Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle Grades Education
- Health, Physical Education, & Coaching
- Theatre Education
Education Peer Ambassadors serve as peer ambassadors, hosts, and representatives of ALL teacher education programs at Appalachian State University. They also work the Front Desk in the James Center for Student Success & Advising in the Reich College of Education.
Priority will be given to students with the following qualifications:
- Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors (not student teaching in the Fall)
- Able to attend ALL training and recruitment events
- Availability to work the front desk in the James Center
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Demonstrate a strong level of commitment to programs and initiatives within the college
- Be in good academic standing with the University, and maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or better (conditional if you are a new transfer student)
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Admitted to the Reich College of Education or currently taking classes in their program of study
The Education Peer Ambassadors will be compensated at $8/hour. Responsibilities include:
- Answer or send any emails or letters to prospective students in a professional, engaging, and informative manner
- Lead prospective student visits and tours
- Provide support at recruitment and special events (Open House, First Thursdays, Teacher Education Preview Day, etc.)
- Work as a receptionist/peer advisor in the James Center (2/hrs a week minimum)
- Serve as a peer ambassador; be able to answer general questions about admission and advising
- Serve as a positive representative of the Reich College of Education, Appalachian State University, and their program of study
|Nov. 14, 2018||Application due|
|Nov. 19-29, 2018||Interviews|
|Nov. 30, 2018||Finalists attend Staff Meeting|
|Feb. 23, 2019||Scholar's Day|
|April 13, 2019||Spring Open House|
|March 23, 2019||Teacher Education Preview Day|
- Complete an online application.
- Provide 2 references.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Kasper at firstname.lastname@example.org.