Thank you for your interest in being a Teacher Education Ambassador!
We are currently hiring the follow major(s) for the 2018-19 academic year:
Science - Secondary Education
French or Spanish Education
Middle Grades Education
Health & Physical Education
Career & Technical Education
Teacher Education Ambassadors serve as peer ambassadors, hosts, and representatives of ALL teacher education programs at Appalachian State University. They also work as student workers in the James Center for Student Success & Advising in the Reich College of Education.
Priority will be given to students with the following qualifications:
- Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors (not student teaching in the Fall)
- Able to attend ALL training and recruitment events
- Availability to work the front desk in the James Center
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Demonstrate a strong level of commitment to programs and initiatives within the college
- Be in good academic standing with the University, and maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Admitted to the Reich College of Education or currently taking classes in their program of study
The Teacher Education Ambassadors will be compensated at $8/hour. Responsibilities include:
- Answer or send any emails to prospective students in a professional, engaging, and informative manner
- Lead prospective student visits and tours
- Provide support at recruitment and special events (Open House, First Thursdays, Teacher Education Preview Day, etc.)
- Work as a receptionist in the James Center (2/hrs a week minimum)
- Serve as a peer ambassador; be able to answer general questions about admission and advising
- Serve as a positive representative of the Reich College of Education, Appalachian State University, and their program of study
|May 7, 2018||Application due|
|May 8-19, 2018||Interviews (video conference)|
|Oct. 6, 2018||Fall Open House|
|March 23, 2019||Teacher Education Preview Day|
- Complete an online application. Click here to access the online application.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Kasper at firstname.lastname@example.org.