Thank you for your interest in being a Teacher Education Ambassador!
Teacher Education Ambassadors will interact with prospective students for ALL undergraduate teacher education programs at Appalachian State University. They also serve as hosts and representatives of the Reich College of Education.
Priority will be given to students with the following qualifications:
- Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors
- Able to attend ALL training and recruitment events
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Demonstrate a strong level of commitment to programs and initiatives within the college
- Be in good academic standing with the University, and maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Admitted to the Reich College of Education or currently taking classes in their program of study
The Teacher Education Ambassadors will be compensated at $8/hour. Responsibilities include:
- Answering any emails they receive from prospective students in a professional, engaging, and informative manner.
- Leading prospective student visits and tours
- Providing support at all recruitment and special events (Open House, Freshman Preview Day, etc.)
- Serving as a positive representative of the Reich College of Education, Appalachian State University, and their program of study
- Other duties as assigned
|September 4||Application Due (Round 1)|
|September 5 - September 8||Review Applications|
Those selected for Interviews will be contacted via appstate email.
|September 12 - September 15||Interviews (Round 2)|
|September 16||Fall Open House - Interviewed Applicants will attend (Round 3)|
|September 18||Announce Ambassadors|
|September 24||Fall Training|
|February 24||Scholars Day|
|March 17||Freshman Preview Day|
|April 21||Spring Open House|
- Complete an online application. Click here to access the online application.
- Two letters of recommendation. It is recommended that one of these be from someone who can speak to your ability to represent your program of study. These must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your two references submit their letters by the deadline.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Kasper at email@example.com.