Thank you for your interest in being a Teacher Education Ambassador!
We are currently on hiring the follow major(s) for the Spring 2018 semester:
English - Secondary Education
Teacher Education Ambassadors will interact with prospective students for ALL undergraduate teacher education programs at Appalachian State University. They also serve as hosts and representatives of the Reich College of Education.
Priority will be given to students with the following qualifications:
- Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors
- Able to attend ALL training and recruitment events
- Exhibit strong leadership potential and experience
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Demonstrate a strong level of commitment to programs and initiatives within the college
- Be in good academic standing with the University, and maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Admitted to the Reich College of Education or currently taking classes in their program of study
The Teacher Education Ambassadors will be compensated at $8/hour. Responsibilities include:
- Answering any emails they receive from prospective students in a professional, engaging, and informative manner.
- Leading prospective student visits and tours
- Providing support at all recruitment and special events (Open House, Freshman Preview Day, etc.)
- Serving as a positive representative of the Reich College of Education, Appalachian State University, and their program of study
- Other duties as assigned
|January 25||Application due (English majors only)|
|February 4||Spring Training|
|February 24||Scholars Day|
|March 17||Freshman Preview Day|
|April 21||Spring Open House|
- Complete an online application. Click here to access the online application.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Kasper at email@example.com.