The RCOE Professional Development Passport Program
What are the Benefits of Engaging in Professional Development?
- Improve the quality of your classroom environment and increase student engagement and learning.
- Increase teacher engagement which leads to higher levels of instruction.
- Benefits the school community with teachers who are life-long learners.
- Provides a cost effective way for teacher training and skill development.
- Tailor Professional Development activities to your needs and schedule.
The James Center for Student Success and Advising supports professional development programming for students to earn PD credit while earning their teacher education degree. All teacher education students will earn a minimum of twenty (20) professional development activities by the time they reach the end of their student teaching.
Professional Development opportunities can be found in the Reich College of Education Engage group. Log-in to Engage and register as a Member of the Reich College of Education group and you will gain access to the numerous resources and opportunities available to you for your professional development activities.
How does professional development relate to the NC Professional Teaching Standards?
How does professional development relate to teacher licensure in North Carolina?
3-2-1 Exit Ticket Reflection
- Three (3) New Ideas/Concepts/Practices I learned at the PD Event
- Two (2) New Ideas/Concepts/Practices I'd like to know more about
- One (1) New Idea/Concept/Practice I will implement in my teaching practice that's related to my PD Goals
Learn how to complete a 3-2-1 Exit Ticket Reflection!