Interested in Pursing a Degree in Education?
Join us for a Reich College of Education Event!
During Fall and Spring semesters, we offer multiple opportunities to learn more about being an education major here at Appalachian State University. Join us for the following opportunities:
- First Thursdays
- A specialized in-person opportunity for you to learn more about majoring in education at Appalachian. The 2-hour event includes a first-hand look at classes, an information session about teacher education and a tour of the Reich College of Education by a current teacher education student.
- Open House
- Open House is your opportunity to learn more about App State. Meet faculty and current students, tour campus, and learn more about financial aid, scholarships, the admissions process, and what student life at App State is really like.
- Teacher Education Preview Day
- Teacher Education Preview Day is an opportunity for students and their families to gain an insight into what the Appalachian State student experience would be like as an education major on our campus. Teacher Education Preview Day is offered in Spring semester.
- ACES Information Sessions
- An online session about the scholar program that focuses on mentoring, leadership, service and professional development. The Appalachian Community of Education Scholars (ACES) program provides participants with leadership and service opportunities, as well a sense of community for future educators that promotes a passion for teaching.
Want to chat one-on-one?
If you'd like to schedule a virtual meeting to learn more about any of our teacher education programs, please click here to schedule a one-on-one chat with your admissions counselor.
Questions about visiting?
If you have any questions concerning prospective student visits to the Reich College of Education or Teacher Education at App State, please contact Lindsay Cotten, Associate Director of Admissions-Recruitment and Special Programs.